Explore these resources to gain valuable insights on how AI is
transforming the planet and how you can play an important role to shape a better future for our world.
Artificial Intelligence - Transforming Tomorrow’s World
Artificial intelligence is all around us. Researchers and academicians predict that our future will be strongly dominated by this cutting-edge technology. But, what is AI? In simple terms, artificial intelligence is a branch of computer science that imparts the ability to a computer program or a machine to think and learn like humans. AI is a field of making machines smart.
AI is about creating computers and machines that can learn and adapt as they make decisions. AI is everywhere in technology right now- in our homes, cars, at our workplace, and even in our phones and laptops. It has become integral parts of our lives without us being consciously aware.
AI is influencing multiple business spheres like healthcare, automotive, economy, e-commerce, and entertainment. Artificial intelligence technology helps in data integration, analysis, and making efficient decisions. AI is transforming the world and evolving us.
Machine learning and deep learning are subsets of AI that are able to identify structures in data and make predictions based on those structures. A fusion of machine learning with other AI capabilities creates an advanced computer program. The most common example is Alexa and Siri, which are predictive chatbots.
How AI can change the world
The practice of AI in all areas of our life is on the rise. Technocrats are broadening the scope of AI by designing models that can substitute hazardous human activities. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg built Jarvis, a copy of the super-intelligent AI assistant in Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man films.
Image: Mark Zuckerberg’s Jarvis
Artificial intelligence helps in performing tasks that were supposed to be done by us. MIT researchers discovered that machine learning could be used to make credit decisions and reduce a bank’s losses on offending customers by up to 25%.
Some popular use cases of AI
With the application of AI, computers can be programmed to copy some characteristics of human intelligence. AI is already powering search engines, making online shopping recommendations, and providing digital assistance. Let’s look at the tasks AI is performing remarkably well:
- Speech recognition
- Visual perception
- Decision making and problem-solving
- Language translation
- Recognize objects in images
- Revolutionizing treatment
- Fraud prevention
Following are the different fields of study which are making use of AI developments:
- AI for Earth: AI can be used to save our planet and solve some of the sustainability problems we are facing today, such as the conservation of natural resources, biodiversity, and climate change.
- AI for Social Good: AI has the power to resolve some of the world’s most challenging social problems. AI is being used to tackle many real-life issues such as diagnosing cancer, spotting victims of online sexual exploitation, and disaster relief efforts.
- AI in Music: AI is already used in the music industry in many ways. AI automates services, provides insights into vast data sets, and helps create efficiency.
- AI in Art: AI helps the art industry move towards computational creativity. AI-based software can be used for autonomous creative tasks such as discovering mathematical theories, writing poems, and painting pictures.
- AI in Sports: From football to Formula One World Championship racing, AI is being used in sports to provide real-time feedback, train, advertise, and do much more.
- AI Ethics: It is the philosophy of developing AI-powered systems using moral conduct that makes sure smart machines are able to react to situations in an ethical manner.
How can you prepare your child for the future?
In order to magnify the benefits of artificial intelligence in the coming future, students can learn in the following ways:
- Participate in competitions with children to solve community problems by building apps that use AI, such as with the Phiro Code application.
- Discover inner creativity with hands-on activities using AI-based education tools and platforms.
- Expose students to technical concepts to develop their problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Analyze how schools might be using AI-based technologies.
- Create an interest in STEM by showing students different types of technology.
Future of AI:
The role of artificial intelligence is likely to increase more rapidly in the future. AI is no longer science fiction. Technology with AI has the power to transform the world.
If you are convinced about the importance of AI and want to learn more, you can consult our educators to enlighten you with more knowledge in the field. The more we understand about AI development, the more we can ensure a better future.