We live in a digital world. Artificial Intelligence has made an impact in every industry. AI has become a part of day-to-day life – Amazon Alexa, YouTube video suggestions, Netflix, shopping suggestions, and much more. AI is also an education technology that has significantly transformed education and learning. Students, teachers, management, and administrative staff of education are all using AI in different ways.
Most schools and learning institutes around the world have embraced digital learning powered by Artificial Intelligence, the education technology. There are so many EdTech platforms that have come up in the last decade. There has been a significant change in the learning environment for students, all thanks to the education technology called Artificial Intelligence.
Here are some statistics and figures that throw light why Artificial Intelligence is a powerful education technology.
- The AI in education technology market size exceeded USD 1 billion in 2020.
- The AI in education technology market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 40 percent between 2021 to 2027.
- The global AI in education market is expected to reach USD 3.68 billion by 2023.
Here is how artificial intelligence as an education technology is changing the way we learn.
- It is a fact that every child or student learns at his/her own pace.
- Some students grasp concepts quickly, while some take time.
- In big classrooms, a teacher may not be able to focus on all the students.
- In a traditional classroom setup, it is difficult to identify every student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The use of an education technology like AI can help teachers track the performance of students real-time and help them whenever needed.
- With AI, teachers can identify if a student has learning or reading difficulties or if anyone is struggling to learn a particular concept.
- Smart EdTech systems also offer personalized feedback and recommendations to students to help them understand how they can improve.
Fun and happening learning environment
- The use of Artificial Intelligence as an education technology has revolutionized digital learning.
- Teachers leverage the power of AI to create a fun and interactive learning environment for the learners.
- In the AI world, students actively participate in the classroom and do not remain passive learners.
Reducing the burden on teachers
- Research indicates that nearly 20 – 40 percent of present teacher hours spent on activities other than teaching could be automated using AI education technology.
- According to an article in the Telegraph, teachers spend only 43 percent of their time teaching.
- Digital learning powered by Artificial Intelligence can reduce the workload on teachers and let them focus on their core function, i.e. teaching the students.
- Whether it is paper corrections, preparing marksheets, creating future lesson plans, creating teaching schedules, etc., everything can be automated using AI algorithms.
Making quality education accessible to everyone
- Education technologies like Artificial Intelligence have made it possible to make quality education accessible to everyone in the form of smart digital content.
- With advanced EdTech platforms powered by AI, it has become possible to design learning material and powerful content customized for students belonging to different places and with different learning needs.
- Education technology makes it possible to share learning materials in digital format that can be easily shared with the learners anytime, anywhere.
- AI powered EdTech platforms have made it possible for teachers to reach out to students anywhere without any geographical barriers.
Smart EdTech platforms
- When it comes to EdTech, there are so many smart learning platforms developed with AI at the core.
- These smart EdTech platforms can customize the learning journey and identify the best learning pathway for the students.
- Powerful algorithms drive these EdTech platforms, thus making it possible to match a particular course with the skillset of the learner.
- These EdTech platforms are designed and developed with a simple and easy-to-use interface.
In the field of education, a one-size-fits-all approach does not work since every learner is different. This is the reason why there has been a great boom in the EdTech sector, especially during the pandemic. Learning is an individualistic journey, and various EdTech platforms powered by AI personalize the learning journey of students. For transforming education and learning, it is important for students, teachers, and the educational institutions to embrace new technologies like Artificial Intelligence.